Friday, February 7, 2014

Words, Love and Hope (Update 2.7.14)

Still just a trickle today, wordwise. I added a bit more to the Spider-thief scene I had started on yesterday. Then I wrote the third synopsis for this little trilogy I'm trying to figure out. And promptly decided none of the three were good enough. So, back to the drawing board on that. (The overall plots are okay, I'm just trying to refine as much as possible. Compelling and coherent are goals for the day. So far I'm 0 for 2.)

I did get the copy edits on "The Collections Agent". It's due out in the Stupefying Stories Showcase any day now. This one is possibly the oldest story I've been waiting to see published. (It sold a while back, but due to it's length - and possibly the oddity of it's genre-mashup - it's taken a while to see the light of day.) It is another one I dearly love, a peculiar duck of a story that's part noir fiction, part steampunk, part love story, with a very large MC who collects magical abilities from those who have abused them or failed to make payments to the company that bestowed them.

By yesterday evening I was a bit down. I could go into details, but that would probably come across as bitching and, truth be told, I don't have much to complain about. My disgruntlement stems from wanting to be at Point F or G and still being somewhere around Point A. (Or maybe A.5.) I have never been patient. Stubborn, yes. But not patient. So I was just... down.

But here's the thing. I still love what I do. So, I got up this morning and I started working again. Because I love what I do.

No comments: